Tuesday, September 25, 2018

MN House: Emy Minzel in 15A

This race is begging to be won by a DFLer. I know that because Gail Kulick did in fact win in 2008, and Joe Walsh very nearly did in 2012. From Minzel's website:
Taxpayer dollars should support people, not corporate subsidies and tax breaks. Slashing taxes simply to appease special interest groups and political partisans is irresponsible. Taxpayer dollars must be used with clear oversight and in the best interest of the State as a whole and our District in particular.
I live in 15A. Except for the blissful two years referenced above, “my” representative has been Sondra Erickson (R-Princeton). Given my personal interest in this matter I used to blog about her now and then, but I’ve stopped because, what’s the point? Nothing ever changes with her vintage 1980 right-wing views, and there is no indication that anything ever will, even if she lives to be 150.

Though they may mean well in their way, conservatives simply cannot govern well, or even competently, in a complex, changing world. They just don’t have what it takes, “upstairs,” if you know what I mean. They’re too cognitively rigid and unwilling to even try to reason from fact. And Rep. Erickson is a perfect example. It’s long past time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment